If you have adopted kids or foster kids and are looking for information on counseling or you’d like to share info on counseling that has worked for your kids, we’re glad you’re here. I’m a mom of 4 adopted kids who are all from hard places! The amount of trauma they’ve been through is MIND BOGGLING!
Over the years, we’ve tried a variety of counselors! Some have worked better than others!
Here are some of the counseling methods we’ve tried:
- Nouthetic (Biblical Counseling)
- Christian Counseling with an Emphasis on Work with Adopted Kids
- Counseling Specializing in RAD kids
- EMDR (this has been awesome so far)
- Some that don’t fall into any category that I know of…
I’m hoping this will be a place where parents can share their experiences of what has worked for your kids!